This is a quick version of a soup that tastes like you spent all day making it! It’s also a great way to use a variety of veggies from your fridge and freezer.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and diced/shredded
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1-32oz carton beef broth (may also use chicken broth, tomato juice or a combination to achieve your ideal flavor)
- 1 can rotel tomatoes (substitute regular can tomatoes for less spice)
- 1 large can pinto beans
- 1 bag of frozen soup veggies (any variety)
- 1 bag frozen Steamfresh Roasted Red Potatoes
- Leftover meat from Italian Meatloaf (see recipe), cut into bite sized pieces
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, opional
Heat oil in skillet until hot, but not smoking. Add onion and carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes, adding garlic for the last minute. Once the veggies are tender, add your liquids, followed by the tomatoes, beans,frozen veggies, and Italian meat. Bring to a slow boil, then turn down heat and let simmer for 30 minutes before serving. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh bread. Leftover soup may be frozen.