This recipe makes a large cookie, like the ones you buy for birthday parties!
- 3/4 C Flour (I used 1 T arrowroot, or cornstarch & filled cup up with whole wheat flour)
- 3/4 C Rolled Oats (slightly ground in the blender)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 t Baking powder
- 1/4 t Baking Soda
- 1/3 C Butter
- 2/3 C Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside. Mix remaining ingredients until well blended, (I like mine light and fluffy) then gradually add dry mixture. Stir until well blended. Add the chips, raisins and coconut. Stir. Press out on a lightly greased and floured pizza pan. (I used a cookie sheet.) (I added semi-sweet chocolate chips, raisins, and unsweetened coconut.) Coconut makes them nice and soft.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool 10-15 minutes in the pan on a rack, then loosen carefully with a flat spatula. You may leave the cookie in the pan, but if you plan to serve it whole (like a birthday cake), slide it out of the pan at this point and continue to cool on a rack. It took about 20 minutes in my oven. You can slice like a pizza.
Thanks Rhoda Z!