Creamy, a delight on a chilly, Fall day!
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper, Cayenne
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 3/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 4 Potatoes, peeled and 1/2″ cubes
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 bag frozen Corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 cup. Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- In saucepan add oil, heat to medium. Add onions, cook until soften. Add celery, cook 3-4 minutes. Add spices. Add wine and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes, broth, and milk. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and butter. Cook 5 minutes.
- Mash gently with potato masher 10-15 times to break up potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese when served.
Great to serve in a bread bowl too!